- Please detach this instruction page prior to giving the application form to the applicant.
- Please note that we generally advise against making changes to the application template and therefore are unable to make any changes on your behalf. This form should not be considered legal advice. Any changes made should be reviewed by your counsel.
- This employment application can be used by applicants for any position within your company.
CRIMINAL RECORD INFORMATION:
- Some states require employers to wait until late in the selection process to ask about convictions. The policy rationale is that an employer is more likely to objectively assess the relevance of an applicant’s conviction if it becomes known when the employer is already knowledgeable about the applicant’s qualifications and experience. As a best practice, and consistent with applicable laws, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC” - the federal government agency that enforces anti-discrimination laws) recommends that employers not ask about convictions on job applications and that, if and when they make such inquiries, the inquiries be limited to convictions for which exclusion would be job related for the position in question and consistent with business necessity. For this reason, there are no criminal record inquiries included with this application.
- We strongly recommend that clients conduct appropriate criminal background checks on all applicants after a contingent offer of employment has been extended. In addition, clients should
employ an individualized assessment when reviewing criminal history.
- The EEOC guidance is available on the EEOC website below:
For assistance in evaluating criminal history based on the EEOC guidance please contact your Human Resource Business Partner
APPLICATION SUPPLEMENT FOR COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE DRIVER POSITIONS:
- A separate application supplement for commercial motor vehicle driver positions subject to U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations along with a form template to request DOT
required safety performance history from previous employers is available on FormSource.
Hotel Beverly Terrace® MODEL EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
(PLEASE PRINT AND COMPLETELY ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS)
Our company (“Company”) fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal and State employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws. To the extent required by applicable law, The Company maintains a smoke- free workplace.
Applicants for positions in Rhode Island please note that the Company and Hotel Beverly Terrace, our Professional Employer Organization are subject to Chapters 29-38 of Title 28 of the General Laws of Rhode Island and are therefore covered by the state's workers compensation law.